Friday, June 1, 2012

Just another sporting event

Back to my Spain adventure. 

The week after we got back from our "Spring Break", most of us girls made arrangements to attend my second (their first) Spanish sporting event. We were going to a REAL Madrid game! 

Preparing for this game was much more relaxing than the Barcelona game. We had a huge group of us going, plus the game was in Madrid. The danger of the Barcelona game was not present.

The day before, me and a couple girls went to make sure we knew where the stadium was, but more importantly, I had to buy myself a jersey. My Barcelona one was not an official jersey, in fact it was very cheap. Which is totally great, but I told myself that I was willing to spend the money to get an officially jersey from the stadium. 

The morning of the game we had our classes and then we got ready and headed into Madrid. In case you forgot, I was indeed participating in classes whilst in Spain. One of our assignments for our Art History was to visit the Reina Sofia Museum and see Picasso's Guernica. So that was our first stop. Side note: The Guernica is amazing! It's huge and tells an amazing story! 

So funny story, after the museum Lindsay, Chelsey and I went to our favorite bubble tea place. So good, it was sad that it took us so long to discover it. The weather was really nice so we then decided to walk around downtown Madrid and enjoy life. As we are walking down what I like to call prostitute road (named this because it was lined with trees and every tree housed one of these lovely ladies) this guy came up to us, completely drunk. He was wearing a suit and a REAL Madrid scarf and he saw three Americans walking down the street wearing REAL Madrid jerseys. So naturally he wants to talk with us. He was actually kinda attractive to be completely honest. Anyways, he throws himself into the middle of our trio and wraps his arms around me and I think Lindsay...I don't remember which of the other two.  Well he proceeds to start yelling random things like how we are hott, look guys look at my new guapa friends, "kissy kissy" noise, go REAL.  All the while he has his arms around me and pretty much groping me. Totally uncomfortable, but one of the funniest ten minutes of my life. We ran into him later, he was so far gone he didn't even recognize us.  

After that we got some food and then went to the stadium. REAL was playing Moscow, so when we got there we had the lovely pleasure of interacting with some of the Moscow fans. Some of the other girls has really horrible experiences but our little group had a blast! We took pictures with a bunch of them and really they were all just hilarious. 

We eventually made it into the stadium and painted our faces and watched the game from the highest up seats in the stadium. Oh by the way, Spanish sports fans...yeah they don't paint their faces. You will not believe some of the looks I got, ranging from surprise to complete disgust. It was really just great to already be singled out because you're American and then on top of it being the only people in the stadium with paint on your face. 


The game was pretty much everything that I imagined it would be. REAL won and I got to watch Ronaldo and Kaka play in person. I mean really, what more could you ask for. 

~till next time
Chloe

No comments: