Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gratitude

These past couple weeks I have been grateful for:

-Two working legs, that are the same length, that have never failed me.

-Caring friends. Friends that are aware of you and your feelings and are always there for you.

-An understanding mother. Even though I am in the most amazing place on earth, having the most amazing experiences, she is there to listen to me whine and complain about the tiniest things and she doesn't judge.

-Having the opportunity to make new friends. My friends back home can never be replaced, but making new ones has never been so fun!

-The blessing of having the best roommate on this program. I get along with all the other girls, but I am so grateful that Chelsey was the one I saw outside of class and decided I wanted to live. The Lord sure knew what He was doing last semester. We are pretty much the same person and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

-Having the means to even come on this program. I know it wasn't easy to make this happen, but I know that this is where I am suppose to be. And I'm grateful that my parents were/are willing to sacrifice so that I could be here.

-Ana Maria. She has been the most perfect host mom, I just feel bad for the other girls. No one can beat her. She has been the nicest lady to us. She is very caring and motherly and is honestly interested in us. She pays attention and is aware of our needs. I have never felt unwelcome.

-The ability to use the internet. Especially in my home.

-Skype. Yes, it deserved its own point. Skype is such an amazing invention and I don't know what I would do without it right now. I've been able to stay in contact with my family and friends. I miss my parents and sisters so much and it feels good to know that I can see them if I want. I'm able to make sure that I won't be completely out of Soren's life. AND I got to see both pairs of grandparents. (I haven't seen Grandpa Corbyn in who knows how long and may or may not have cried when he appeared in my view). I got to watch Jamie open her mission call (an experience I will always cherish) and Ash can keep me updated on everything else. Thank you Skype.

-New sheets! Ana Maria has changed our sheets probably four different times now and can I just say....I love it!

-Sun/Warmth. Having SAD definitely makes winter a lot harder than it already is. I'm grateful for the days the sun is out. I'm grateful for the random warm days in the middle of the week.

I am grateful for so many other things. Some huge, some small. But I just want to make sure that I sit down and acknowledge those things. The Lord has blessed me and I don't want these blessings to be whisked away because I took advantage of them.

In the words of Elder Ben Mack. Be grateful and Be happy!

~till next time
Chloe

2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE YOU :) and this post

Unknown said...

Life is better when we acknowledge the things we're are blessed with.
Good list you got going on there girl.
Love you.